![]() |
| Make a Smilebox greeting |
Steve and I drove to Columbia to celebrate SF's 21st. She requested Nonnah's in the Vista - dessert dinner! Of course, she HAD to order something alcoholic to show off that ID! ha. She decided on a single glass of wine. An 8 am Tuesday morning class doesn't go too well with too much "happy" the night before, so the birthday celebration was low key. Sara Frances plans to celebrate a little more seriously this weekend with one of her best friends, Shannon, who is also turning 21 this week!
Harley will have to keep those girls in line!
It's hard to believe that our "baby" is officially an adult! She has always been very mature, sweet, bright, and responsible and fortunately for us, an easy child to raise. We so appreciate that and wish her the very best always. Of course, the same can be said for our older two. They have been equally a joy for us and we considered ourselves blessed to be their parents.
When Seth celebrated his 21st, Steve and I drove to Myrtle Beach where he was living and going to the golf academy. His birthday was also on a weekday, but we managed to have a little fun anyway. We took him to eat at Flamingo's (the best cajun oysters and filet mignon in the world!) and the waitress forgot to ask for his ID. We promptly reminded her so that Seth could relish in the moment. After dinner, Steve and Seth went to some "Gentlemen's" club (hmmmm...) and I stayed at Barnes & Noble until it closed. The plan was for me to pick them up at 11:30. Well, Seth was standing outside waiting on me, but dear old dad could not tear himself away. He claims it was a pool game, but I guess I'll never know! ha, ha. It was a great celebration though for our first experience as parents of a 21 year old!
Caitlin's 21st was another weekday. She and Seth were students at Clemson at the time, sharing an apartment. Steve, Sara Frances, and I drove to the big city to take her out to dinner where we ate at Ruby Tuesdays in downtown Clemson. When Caitlin ordered her dinner, she asked for an iced tea. Seth looked at her with a question mark on his face and said, "Caitlin!"; upon which she immediately realized the mistake and corrected that order to an alcoholic beverage! It was pretty funny! Old habits are sometimes hard to break, even for a 21 year old.
I am thankful for those three weekday milestone 21st Birthdays! As parents, it gave Steve and I a special night with each of our children to celebrate without all of the pressure to really go out and party in a LARGE way. I'm sure they would rather do that with friends, anyway!

